Eriksen and Johannesdatter marriage at Nord-Fron

Moderator: MOD_Oppland

Svar
Brukeravatar
gj08817
Sted: USA

Eriksen and Johannesdatter marriage at Nord-Fron

Legg inn av gj08817 » 20. mars 2009 kl. 4.27

I'm hoping to get some help interpreting a marriage register entry from Nord-Fron. The register page can be found at this link:

Nord-Fron Register

The entry of interest is number-9 (22 Juni) under the year 1882. I've been able to understand the most essential parts of the entry but on the line for the bride's name I can't figure out the word that appears between the "P." and "Julie". The other word I need help with is in the 4th column, below the word "Moløkken."

Bruce Christopher

gj00024
Sted: VIKHAMMER

Re: Eriksen and Johannesdatter marriage at Nord-Fron

Legg inn av gj00024 » 20. mars 2009 kl. 9.11

The first word is Gmdd; short for gaardmanndatter, i.e. farmers daughter. The second work you are asking for is probably Nymoen. The marriage register is available on a digital format, and my interpretation can be confirmed there. I can check that later, or hopefully someone else with access to the CD can.

Ola Morken
Sted: EYDEHAVN

Legg inn av Ola Morken » 20. mars 2009 kl. 9.30

My interpretgation:
Soethorp kirke June 22-1882 married:
U(Ungkar= bachelor) watchmaker Ludvig Eriksen Nymoen, Moløkken (dob)1861
fathers name Amund Eriksen

P(ige=maiden) Julie Johannesdtr Brandvold (dob) 1862
fathers name Johannes Paulsen

Caut. : Hans H.Ilstadhagen. A.Eriksen

Brukeravatar
gj08817

Legg inn av gj08817 » 22. mars 2009 kl. 3.53

Thank you, Trond and Ola, for your analysis. There are at least four places in Norway named Nymoen, the closest appears to be the one in Sondre-Land, though even that seems a long way from Nord-Fron. I can't find Moløkken on any map, though it supposedly was in the parish of Søthorps; does anyone know where that farm is (or was)?
Bruce Christopher

dn03371
Sted: VINSTRA

Legg inn av dn03371 » 25. mars 2009 kl. 18.50

You are asking for information about the places Nymoen and Moløkken. All the places mentioned in your first question are located in the area named Sødorp in Nord-Fron.

At the time Ludvig and Julie married, the main church of Nord-Fron was located in the middle of this area. The church was moved in the beginning of 1900, but there is now a smaller chapel and a graveyard at the original site. Nymoen and Moløkken are both near the chapel. As the father of (Simon) Ludvig was a parish clerk (in Norwegian: klokker) he had a small farm as part of his wage. Moløkken was the name of this farm, also named "Klokkergarden".

Nymoen is also a small farm near the chapel/former church and near the farm Brandvol, where Ludvig's bride was living at the time of their marriage.

Since I am living in this area myself I have more information about the coupple Ludvig/Julie. If I could have your e-mail address I can send you the rest of what I have.

Sincerely Johannes Brandvol

Brukeravatar
gj08817

Legg inn av gj08817 » 30. mars 2009 kl. 20.07

Thank you Johannes for the additional details. I will send you a message with my e-mail address.
Bruce Christopher

gj26397
Sted: Oslo

Legg inn av gj26397 » 19. april 2018 kl. 16.27

Moløkken was also were Amund And his family lived when he was a teacher at Sødorp. I read about Amund in the book called fron school history skulesoge frå fron, and Amund was a teacher AS well AS a church singer, but his wife died young and he must have lost interest in his teaching duties, so after 2 disasterous bishop visits were his student performed poor and many students didnt Even brother to show up, he was fired. I havent found any info about his children after the 1875 census, but I think my great grandfather Amund H Wadahl is named after him. Amund moved in with his sister at Vadalen in Harpefoss Sør Fron were he dies

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Nord- og Sør-Fron»