Brukeravatar
Laila Normann Christiansen
Sted: OSLO
Kontakt:

Marie Christensdtr, 27 år på Slattum, Nannestad 1865

Legg inn av Laila Normann Christiansen » 21. november 2006 kl. 21.49

Hei!
Pga tidsmangel ber jeg dere om hjelp:
Because of to little time, I have to put this query here, and I hope you can help, and in english:

Hello, I am looking at the 1865 census for Nannestad, farm Slattum, at the famiy of Lars Jens. His son Ole Lars is married to Marie Christensd. age 27 was born at Gjerdrum. Can you tell me the name of her parents? Did she have siblings that came to the US? Thank you for your help. Linda Swalin, MN

This is the family in 1865

Census 1865, Slattum Farm

Answer in this forum, I will give Linda the link and an instruction on how to register and answer!
med vennlig hilsen
Laila N. Christiansen
Moderator: Akershus/Oslo, Emigrasjon USA
Les dette før du poster din etterlysning

Tove Dahl Johansen

Re: Marie Christensdtr, 27 år på Slattum, Nannestad 1865

Legg inn av Tove Dahl Johansen » 22. november 2006 kl. 13.38

According to the parish records for Gjerdrum Anne Maria was born 3rd April 1839. Her parents were Christen Christoffersen and Anne Maria Eriksdatter.

According to the parish records for Nannestad Ola Larsen (28) and Anne Maria Christensdatter (27) were married 22nd September 1865.

Christen Christoffersen (or Kristen Kristoffersen) and his family is mentioned on page 468 in Gjerdrum bygdebok vol. 2. The family lived on a little place in the forest called Laabækken (or in modern spelling: Låbekken).

Kristen Kristoffersen, married 1838 to Anne Maria Eriksdatter born 1814, lived at Låbekken from the 1830ies to the 1850ies.

Children born at Låbekken: Anne Maria born 1839, Hans Jakob born 1841, Erik born 1846, Martin born 1849, Kristine born 1857.

Kristen Kristoffersen was born in Skedsmo parish, but his father (Kristoffer Kristoffersen) was from Lier. Anne Maria Eriksdatter was the daughter of Erik Persen at Bekke in Maridalen, but she lived at Låbekken from before she was married. So did Kristen. In 1847 he got a "festeseddel" (lease is perhaps the right word in English?) on Låbekken.

I have not heard of Bekke in Maridalen, I think that is a printing error for Brekke. Maridalen is today incorporated in Oslo. Skedsmo parish is the neighbour parish of Gjerdrum.

I know Gjerdrum quite well, but I am not sure where in the forest was the place Låbekken.

Tove D. Johansen, Oslo

Tove Dahl Johansen

Legg inn av Tove Dahl Johansen » 22. november 2006 kl. 17.25

PS: "Festeseddel" is a written contract for the lease of land

Tove D. Johansen, Oslo

Tove Dahl Johansen

Legg inn av Tove Dahl Johansen » 22. november 2006 kl. 18.16

On the 1865 census for Gjerdrum I can find on the farm Hungerholdt (modern spelling: Hungerholt):

Kristen Kristoffersen (51) born in Gjerdrum
Anne M. Eriksdatter (54) born in Aker
Martin (17) born in Gjerdrum
Kristine (9) born in Gjerdrum

The farm Hungerholt is right by the edge of the forest.

The chapter on the farm Hungerholt in Gjerdrum bygdebok vol. 2 has information on this family (on page 134)

Hungerholt (farm unit 2) was sold to Kristen Kristoffersen from Låbekken, born 1813 at Åmoteiet, died 1893, married to Anne Marie Eriksdatter, born 1812 in Aker, died 1879. She is believed to be the daughter of Erik Gudbrandsen Horka. (Horka is a farm very close to Hungerholt).

Children:

Hans Jakob, born approx. 1841, married in 1867 to Oline Pettersdatter from Henieiet.

Martin, married in 1871 to Lina Nilsdatter, widow at Horka. Their son Laurits called himself Laurits Kjærstad.

Kristine, born 1857. She had a son Jens Kristian in 1878 by the sailor Hakon Christian Fjeldstad.
Kristine (1857 - 1929) was married to Halvor Jensen (1843 - 1908). Halvor Jensen had been married before.
Kristine Kristensdatter and Halvor Jensen can be found on the 1900 census, living on the farm Hungerholt with their children Josefine (born approx. 1894), Halvdan (born approx. 1896) and Johanne (born 1900)

According to information on page 468 in Gjerdrum bygdebok vol. 2 Kristen Kristoffersen was born in Skedsmo, but according to information on page 134 he was born at Åmoteiet in Gjerdrum.

I found their marriage in Gjerdrum church November 8th 1838. According to the parish records Christen (Kristen) was born in Skedsmo parish and Anne Maria was born in Aker parish. Her father according to the records was Erik Pedersen Brekke.

About the Maridalen valley - which is today incorporated in Oslo, but still a very rural area - that was earlier in Aker parish.

Tove D. Johansen, Oslo

Brukeravatar
Laila Normann Christiansen
Kontakt:

Legg inn av Laila Normann Christiansen » 23. november 2006 kl. 8.23

Tove, thank you so much for helping LInda. I have given her the link to the forum, so she can read (and maybe post) info here. I will send her an e-mail to remind her about her query!

:)
med vennlig hilsen
Laila N. Christiansen
Moderator: Akershus/Oslo, Emigrasjon USA
Les dette før du poster din etterlysning

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Gjerdrum»