Breivoll in Åfjord

Moderator: MOD_Sør-Trøndelag

Svar
Marv Lang

Re: Breivoll in Åfjord

Legg inn av Marv Lang » 7. mai 2004 kl. 6.29

Some of my ancestors were born on Breivoll (Brevold)Gård in Åfjord, S-T. I am specifically interested in the parents of Anders Johansen (1713-1786). I know he was married to Beret Marie Thoresdatter Flintenberg in 1752. Further, Anders' parents are believed to be Johan Andersen Breivold and Ingeborg Tørresdatter. This information has been gleaned from the "Åfjord og Jøssund Gårdshistorie" bygdebøker. In addition, the 1666 "manntall" records a 90 year old man named Johan living on Brevold with two sons ... Laurs and Gyri. Does anyone have further information which can expand on these bits of fact and take me back another generation or two?

Leif Andre Stedtler

Legg inn av Leif Andre Stedtler » 18. februar 2007 kl. 23.03

Interesting, he is in my family to.
All i know is that Johan ( Steffensen? ) lived on Breivoll with his 2 sons, Lars, born 1625 and Byri ( Børre ), born 1647.
Johans wife was called Birgitte ( dont know the last name. they also had a girl named Elli. please send me a mail if you can go further back in time with our family.
My e-mail is " leifandre@gmail.com "

gj01097
Sted: BREKSTAD

Legg inn av gj01097 » 25. februar 2007 kl. 1.16

Beret Flintenberg was the first woman to work as a school teacher in Åfjord. Primary public school was introduced in Norway 1739, but ordinary women were not allowed to be appointed in such posts.

Terje

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Åfjord»