Lövig farm

Moderator: MOD_Sør-Trøndelag

Svar
gj26167

Lövig farm

Legg inn av gj26167 » 10. april 2017 kl. 19.18

Hi,

I'm hoping someone who is familiar with Rissa parish farms can identify a location for me.

There is a record for Ole Olsen, baptized 29 January 1837, in the Rissa church, that shows his parent's (Ole Sivertsen and Andrea Nilsdatter) farm as Størdal. I'm able to locate that farm within the Rissa parish on a map.

A few years later, there is a baptismal record for their twins, Anton and Elisabet, dated 20 September 1840. This baptismal record shows their farm as, I believe, Lövig. However I cannot locate this farm. It isn't listed on Oluf Rygh: Norwegian Farm Names. Is this a farm that no longer exists or does it have another name?

If someone could help me with this I be very appreciative. I'm trying to track this family whereabouts before some of them left for America.

Regards.
Jay Hagfeldt :)

Brukeravatar
dn03738
Sted: OS

Re: Lövig farm

Legg inn av dn03738 » 10. april 2017 kl. 19.34

Baptisms no. 108 and 109

SAT, Ministerialprotokoller, klokkerbøker og fødselsregistre - Sør-Trøndelag, 646/L0610: Ministerialbok nr. 646A08, 1837-1847, s. 20
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070905660582

Brukeravatar
dn03738

Legg inn av dn03738 » 10. april 2017 kl. 20.01

Matrikkelen 1950: http://www.dokpro.uio.no/cgi-bin/stad/matr50

Sør-Trøndelag > Lensvik > 107. Størdal > 11 Løviken

It seems that Løvika is a place that is part of the Størdal farm.

Brukeravatar
dn03738

Legg inn av dn03738 » 10. april 2017 kl. 20.03

On norgeskart.no, type "Løvika, Agdenes". There it is! :D

Bente Lillian Skjager
Sted: LEINSTRAND

Legg inn av Bente Lillian Skjager » 10. april 2017 kl. 20.37

Hei!

All thou in norwegian, maybe this will be of interest: http://www.orkdalsmenighetene.no/agdene ... ik_krk.htm

The article tells the story about people living in Lensvika going across the fjord to Rissa in order to come to church.

Mvh Bente

gj26167

Legg inn av gj26167 » 12. april 2017 kl. 19.24

Thank you so much for your help.

That is something I didn't consider. I think I understand from your replies is that the Løvik farm is a part of the Størdal farm within the Lensvik parish boundaries and that this family crossed the fjord to have their children baptized in the Rissa chapel.

Do you think this was the most convenient way for them to attend church, or maybe they had relatives living in Rissa parish, or maybe both?

My thinking has been pretty linear regarding where people attended church. I assumed that if you lived on a farm within a parish boundary, you automatically went to that parish church. It seems that it is not so simple.

Oh, and thank you for mentioning norgeskart.no. That is a wonderful tool. :D

gj26167

Legg inn av gj26167 » 12. april 2017 kl. 19.28

My Norwegian is not that good. But I study it almost every day. Reading the article will help me understand the family's life a little better and hopefully improve my Norwegian.

Thanks for your help. (Tusen Takk)

gj26167

Legg inn av gj26167 » 12. april 2017 kl. 19.39

Hi Torodd,

Maybe you can help me understand how Norgeskart.no finds places.

By entering Løvika, Agdenes it does indeed show the place Løvika.

I'm a little confused, however. Isn't Løvika a part of Lensvik parish?

Or is Agdenes a geographical area that includes Løvika?

Regards.
Jay[/list]

Bente Lillian Skjager

Legg inn av Bente Lillian Skjager » 12. april 2017 kl. 20.22

Hi Jay,

I was hoping that this information about how the parishes in Norway have changed over the years would also have been in English, but it seems it's only in Norwegian: http://arkivverket.no/arkivverket/Bruk- ... Troendelag

When it comes to Rissa/Lensvik/Agdenes, I have translated the following:

646 Stadsbygd
I 1589 besto prestegjeldet av hovedsoknet Stadsbygd og annekset Rissa. Prestegjeldet hadde en prest.
Ved kgl.res. 11.2.1860 ble det tillatt å bygge et kapell på gården Meland for Lensvik distrikt, som ved kgl.res. 4.6.1904 ble annekssokn. Ved kgl.res. 30.6.1904 ble det bestemt at Lensvik kapell skulle ha 12 gudstjenester årlig.
Ved kgl.res. 28.8.1886 ble det tillatt å rive Rissa annekskirke på Rein og bygge ny kirke på Føl. Den nye kirken ble innviet 26.10.1888.
Kgl.res. 19.6.1931 tillot å gjenoppføre Rein kirke, som var revet i 1888, på den gamle tomt. Rein nye kirke ble innviet 24.8.1932.
Ved kgl.res. 12.3.1937 ble det tillatt å oppføre Hasselvika kapell i Rissa sokn etter arkitekt Claus Hjeltes tegninger.
Ved kgl.res. 30.6.1967 ble Lensvik sokn og Ingdalen utskilt for sammen med Agdenes sokn av ¥rland prestegjeld å utgjøre et nytt Agdenes prestegjeld. Ingdalen hadde fått kapell i 1960.

646 Stadsbygd
In 1589, the parish concisted of the main parish Stadsbygd and annex Rissa. The parish had a priest.
By Royal Decree dated 02.11.1860, permission was given to build a chapel on the farm Meland for Lensvik district, which by Royal Decree dated 06/04/1904 became annex parish. By Royal Decree dated 30/06/1904 it was decided that Lensvik chapel should have 12 church services annually.
By Royal Decree dated 08.28.1886 permission was granted to demolish Rissa annex church in Rein and build a new church on Føl. The new church was inaugurated 10.26.1888.
Royal Decree dated 6/19/1931 allowed to re-erect Rein Church, which was demolished in 1888, on the old plot. Rein new church was consecrated 08/24/1932.
By Royal Decree dated 03/12/1937 permission was given to build Hasselvika chapel in Rissa following architect Claus Hjeltes drawings.
By Royal Decree dated 30/06/1967 Lensvik parish and Ingdalen parish, together with Agdenes parish in Ørland main parish provide the new Agdenes Parish. Ingdalen got its chapel in 1960.

I hope this makes sence :)

Regards, Bente

PS! Try using translate.google.com . Most of the time the translations aren't too bad..

Bente Lillian Skjager

Legg inn av Bente Lillian Skjager » 12. april 2017 kl. 20.40

With good help from the translators at google :)

CHURCHES - LENSVIK CHURCH
Travelling by sea to Stadsbygd
Long before Lensvik church was built in 1863 the people of Lensvik for centuries had to pass over the Trondheim Fjord when they were going to church. This may currently seem cumbersome, but it was once the bay that was the road most travelled, and it was often easier to find their way by sea than on the bad country roads, even if it was to use oars or sail when the wind was right. And it was taken many strenuous hikes, and it happened that people were killed on these trips.

Despite the fact that the conditions were like this, 58 years passed from an accident that claimed eight lives to Lensvik church was built.

Confirmation classes were held on Stadsbygd until 1904, so calm and seal tours of the bay continued for a long time. The boats used were open "seksæringer" (three people rowing), "åttringer" and occasionally longboat.

Application for getting a church is sent
Already in autumn 1855 farmers in Lensvik in the southwestern part of the parish sent Rissa council an application for building a separate church. They were 65 people who agreed to seek to have their own church.

Placement
But where should the new church stand? Where was the best graveyard? There were two main places that were in question. One place was where Hamna farm is located. The second at the outlet of the river Lena, farm Melands reason. Both spots were well suited. Although some of the Committee held on the site by Hamna farm, so it was given in and agreed site at Meland.

Architect Grosch made drawings. He was incidentally one of the country's leading architects of the time. Builder Steffen Andersen Røe. He was 37 years old when he took it upon himself to build Lensvik church.

The church is built
It eventually went okay with the financing. The application for a loan was recommended by all authorities and endorsed by the Royal Decree of 11.02.1860.

The timber came from Rissa and were transported by sea. Timber portion consisted of 662 logs and of these, 102 a length of over 11 meters. The sawn be delivered by the then owner of Lower Ingdal, Johan Fredrik Selmer. All work was carried out with great zeal and enthusiasm.

Interest in the church construction was so great that people in the village of both sexes, both older and younger, voluntarily gathered moss in bags that were delivered to the builders.

Inaugurated on 26 October 1863
Monday 26 October 1863 was Lensvik church consecrated by Bishop Grimlund. Everyone wanted to go to church, so more than half a thousand people turned up at Meland this day. The first regular church service held in Lensvik church was the 8 November 1863. That Sunday there were 449 communicants.

Pastor Steen about the church
Later in the New Year in 1864 the vicar in Stadsbygd, Natan Steen wrote to bishop Grimlund and could tell about the recently consecrated church in Lensvik and of church life there: The new Church in Lens Vigen becomes every time I visit more dear to me. It is the easiest and nicest church I have ever officiated in, and the church shows a devotional and ecclesiastical silence, that can do nothing else but rejoice the heart.

Regards, Bente

gj26167

Legg inn av gj26167 » 12. april 2017 kl. 23.11

Hi Bente,

This information will be very helpful to find my ancestors from this area.
My wife, daughter, and I were in Norway in August and found it to be a very beautiful country.
We hope to visit again in a couple years and visit Hedmark county as well as Trondheim. There wasn't enough time during our last trip to visit these areas. I should know enough about the farms my ancestors lived on to be able to visit a few of them during our next trip.

Thank you for your help.

Jay

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Rissa»