Tysko, Tyskoya b. 1837 d. 1900

Moderator: MOD_Sør-Trøndelag

Svar
gj08299
Sted: United States

Tysko, Tyskoya b. 1837 d. 1900

Legg inn av gj08299 » 29. januar 2009 kl. 5.36

I am currently looking for some information on a family member of mine. His name was Olaus Olsen Tysko, b. 1837 d. 1900 Father: Ole Olsen Mother: Agnes Dahl b. 1810 d. 1882

His son's name is Ove Olausen (Olsen) Tysko married to Ingeborg Johnsdtr Terningen.

I am trying to find a Birth record for either Ove or Olaus so I no where to start looking in the parish records for their families. Ole Olsen was said to be born in Sandstad and lived on Utset farm at one point. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Knut Ragnar Ansnes
Sted: Hitra

Re: Tysko, Tyskoya

Legg inn av Knut Ragnar Ansnes » 29. januar 2009 kl. 11.16

Hello !

The Utset connection is more precisely the farm "Rabben". According to the Ancestry and Farm book covering the Sandstad parish: Sverre R. Utseth: "Gårds- og Slektshistorie Sandstad Sokn", Ole Olsen Tyskø purchased Rabben 17th Sept. 1833, and he sold the farm in 1751 and moved back to Tyskø. The farm Tyskø is situated in presentday Agdenes, which at that time however was a part of Ørland parish. According to the contracts signed upon selling the farm, Ole Olsen was said to be 51 years and his wife Agnes Olsdatter 41. Children:
Oline Marie, born 1832, Olaus, b. 1837, Mikal Anton, b. 1848. Oline Marie was married to a neighbour at Utset and they settled there.

There is no mentioning of Ole Olsen being born in Sandstad parish ( which at that time was a part of Fillan parish ), only that he returned to Tyskø, and probably therefore was born at Tyskø, Ørland ? Or do you have any indication that he was originally born at Sandstad or Utset, moving later on to Tyskø, and thereafter coming to Utset buying "Rabben" ? If so, we should find him in the relevant Church Registry for Hitra in or around 1800. But if he was born at Tyskø, we must search for his birth in the Church books for Ørland.

Kind regards,
Knut

Knut Ragnar Ansnes

Legg inn av Knut Ragnar Ansnes » 29. januar 2009 kl. 11.38

Michael,

you have probably registered that Agnes Olsd., then a widow, in the 1865 census was listed as born at Værdalen ( now Verdal )
She is living at Tyskø with Mikael and a younger son Ole Andreas, probably born after their return from Rabben, Utset.
As published on the net:

http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcen ... k=868#ovre

Knut

dn19444
Sted: TILLER

Legg inn av dn19444 » 29. januar 2009 kl. 12.17

Ole Olsen and Agnes Olsdatter Dahl was married in Fillan Church, Hitra, September 1th, 1833. They lived at Rabben at the time of their marriage. Their first daughter Olina Marie was born April 24th, 1834. Olaus was born May 24th, 1837.

The church records says that Agnes was born in Klokkerstien in Verdalen and that her father was Doctor Ole Dahl. She was 23 years old. Ole's father was Ole Olsen and the birth place given is Trondhjem. His age is registered as 33 years old.

Ole Olsen Tyskø died July 16th, 1857. His age then was 56 years old. Propably he was born in 1800 or 1801 in Trondhjem. It won't be easy to find the right Ole Olsen, being the son of Ole Olsen. I guess Ole Olsen was one of the most common names at that time.

I believe military records may be the way out of this. There was often more information about the birth place and/or the birth date in these records.

Krister

Knut Ragnar Ansnes

Legg inn av Knut Ragnar Ansnes » 30. januar 2009 kl. 10.58

Birth information on Olaus:

The details entered in the Church registrary book are as follows ( No 77 on the p. ) :

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?i ... _side=-109

If I read them correctly, he was born 24th May, 1837, and baptised in Fillan church 3rd September ( 15th Sunday after Trinity Sunday ).

Names of parents are distinct, names of witnesses moderately so.

rgds, Knut

dn19444

Legg inn av dn19444 » 31. januar 2009 kl. 22.58

Agnes died of age September 14th, 1882 on Tyskø. She was buried September 24th. The church records for the death, confirms that she was born in Verdalen in 1810, but does not gives us any more accurate information. I believe there were at least two Agnes Olsdatter born in Verdalen that year. I believe that the name Dahl may help us find the right one.

I will come back to you, Michael, if I find any more information.

Krister

dn19444

Legg inn av dn19444 » 31. januar 2009 kl. 23.55

Hi, Michael

I couldn't go to sleep before I have checked the Verdalen church books. I found Agnes Olsdatter baptized June 3rd, 1811. Her birth date was May 26th, 1811.

Agnes' parents were Ole Eriksen Dahl and Martha Katrine Lorentsdatter. Ole was born in Melhus (Melhuus) in 1781. Martha, born about 1788, was from Verdalen, and her parents were Lorents Nilsen and Agnes Hansdatter. In the 1801 Census you will find this family at the farm Maritvold. Some years later they lived at Øhren, Verdalen.

Ole and Martha married March 8th, 1811 in Verdalen. At that time Martha lived at Øhren, and the family stayed at the same farm when Ole died only 33 years old, December 3rd, 1814. They only had two children: Agnes (1811) and Anna Louise (April, 17, 1813).

I believe Ole was born at the farm Gravrok in Melhus, but I am not sure. I believe he was at servant there in 1801 (census). I also believe that he had two children with Siri Gulbrandsdatter (they were not married): Gulbrand (1804) and Ane (1808). I have to check this information as well. I happen to be the editor of the local newspaper in Melhus, so I will check some books we have in our library when I get back to my office.

Among other things I am curious about the Dahl name.

Krister

Bjørn Sletbak
Sted: DRØBAK

Legg inn av Bjørn Sletbak » 29. april 2017 kl. 14.13

Ole Eriksen (Erichsen) is the great-great-great-grandfather of my wife Liv Tyskø. He came to Verdal from Dahl in Melhus. He was then a Veterinary Doctor ("Dyre Læge"). On March 8, 1811, he was married to Liv's great-great-great-grandmother Martha Catharina Lorentzdatter Øhren from Verdal. On May 26, 1811, the daughter Agnes was born. Agnes is Liv's great-great-grandmother and the first Madam in the present Tyskø-family.
In 1808, Ole Erichsen Dahl had a daughter named Anne with Sigri Guldbarndsdatter Qvaalshaug from Melhus. An Ole Erichsen Gravroch had had his son Gulbrand with the same woman. Gulbrand was born on 4 February 1804. The settlement book for Melhus states that the father before the child was born had "left for the Weterinær School in Copenhagen".
In the student register for the Veterinary School I find an Ole Erichsen, who is a student in the period from 09.01.1804 to 15.04.1807. Then Ole Erichsen Dahl must be the same person as Ole Erichsen Gravroch. After returning from Copenhagen, he probably lived on the farm Dahl in Melhus. (I do not find a farm Dahl in Melhus now, but it was a farm named Dahl in Melhus at the census in 1801.)
According to the pupil register for the Veterinary School, Ole Erichsen is from Sunnfjorden. For now, I have not found a baptismal record for Ole Erichsen - neither in Melhus nor in Sunnfjord. I am inclined to believe that Erik came to Melhus as a child - possibly as a foster child in Gravråk (Gravrok). An Ole Eriksen Gravrok was confirmed in Melhus in 1796, and at the census in 1801, Ole Erichsen is employed at Gravroch.
Dyrlege (Veterinary Doctor) Ole Dahl died in Verdal on December 3, 1814, only 33 years old.
Ole's birth year, 1781, is based on age at the census and at death. I have not found any other information about the parents than the fathers name Erik/Erich.

As for Ole Olsen Tyskø, I am quite sure that he was not born on Tyskøya. If he had staid there before he came to Hitra, it was not as owner of the island. (I have deeds for Tyskø back to ca. 1820.) I have looked through the baptismal records for the Trondheim parishes for the years 1799, 1800 and 1801. I - to my surprise - came across only one child named Ole with a father named Ole Olsen. The fathers name is Ole Olsen Sannes (Sandnes) (wife: Berit Olsdatter Kielsberg). I doubt however that this is the right father, because Ole Tyskøs first born child in that case should have been named Berit. (Ole Olsen Sannes is - by the way- a distant relative of mine.)

Bjørn Sletbak

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Hitra»