Anders Waage, Klokkeide, Nese in Gulen

Moderator: MOD_Sogn_og_Fjordane

Svar
gj25484
Sted: De Forente Stater

Anders Waage, Klokkeide, Nese in Gulen

Legg inn av gj25484 » 26. april 2016 kl. 19.41

Hello,

I am writing a book about some Norwegian-Americans at the turn of the 19th century and one of the people in this book is Anders Waage (1831-1902) raised at Litle Bransdall at Klokkeide in Gulen and died in Green County, Wisconsin. His parents were Knudt Hansson Nese and Guri Hansdatter Henriksbo. Records have shown that he left Norway in 1860 and came first to Springdale, Dane County, Wisconsin where he worked as a schoolteacher and kirkesanger at the church there. I am looking for any information as to what school he may have attended in Norway or what he may have been up to for his adult years before emigrating at the age of 28.

I will be visiting the area in July and was wondering if anybody might have some tips on researching or visiting this area. I have never been before.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

gj25484
Sted: De Forente Stater

Re: Anders Waage, Klokkeide, Nese in Gulen

Legg inn av gj25484 » 1. mai 2016 kl. 3.07

I have now noticed that the Klokkeide farm seems to be accessible only by boat. I would love to be able to row over there, does anybody know about docks or boat rental or if I would be even welcome at this farm's shore?

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Gulen»