Konemordet på Vossestrand 1724

Moderator: MOD_Hordaland

Svar
Bjørn Sjølli
Sted: FROGNER

Konemordet på Vossestrand 1724

Legg inn av Bjørn Sjølli » 2. april 2011 kl. 18.01

Ola Olson Teigen (1680-1725) og Kari Endresdtr. Løn-Gjukastein (1682-1724)

I Ættebok for Vossestrand, s. 574, står det om et mord på Vossestrand. Ola Olson Teigen drepte sin kone Kari Endresdatter Løn-Giljarhus den 24. oktober 1724, og ble selv henrettet året etter.

Dette har ligget brakk hos meg en stund siden jeg først kom over det da jeg arbeidet litt med konas slekt, men så "fant" jeg Retterbok for Voss og Hardanger 1723-1725 på Digitalarkivet her, og tenkte jeg kunne se litt nærmere på dette igjen. Det burde vel stå noe her om den saken?

Dessverre er et slikt oppsett som denne boken har, ikke helt forståelig for meg. Når jeg da i tillegg ikke er helt stø i gotisk skrift, virker dette vel vanskelig...

Er det noen som kan hjelpe med tyding? Eventuelt kan peke meg i retning av hvor jeg bør begynne å forsøke og lese? Når vil en slik sak komme i protokollen i forhold til når forbrytelsen skjedde?

Eller kanskje noen allerede har hele historien??

Jon Sværen
Sted: BERGEN

Re: Konemordet på Vossestrand 1724

Legg inn av Jon Sværen » 2. juli 2012 kl. 18.31

Dette temaet har ingen svara på i nesten halvanna år !

Heller ikkje nokon i Sogelaget på Vossestrand !

Då må ein utflytta sogning med bustad i Bergen hjelpa til.

Kva og kor mykje Frode U. har skreve, veit eg ikkje.

Næraste biblotek vil mogelig kunne skaffa deg sogeskriftet frå 2004 ?

Opplysningane fann eg på:
http://www.vossnow.net/Genealogy_Voss/index.htm
Dette er ei heimeside til Svein Ulvund

Ha ein fortsatt God Sommar

Aasmund Ulvund
Sted: SANDNES

Re: Konemordet på Vossestrand 1724

Legg inn av Aasmund Ulvund » 16. februar 2016 kl. 23.31

Jeg ser at det er mange år siden du etterlyste opplysninger om "konemordet på Vossestrand i 1724", og håper du siden har fått de opplysningene du søkte. Ola drepte konen Kari Endresdatter den 30.10.1724, og han ble henrettet året etter.

Jeg legger ved Svein Ulvunds opplysninger om mordet skrevet på engelsk.
-----------------

Denne historien er nedskrevet av Svein Ulvund.

The Murder in 1724,
the Judicial decision.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ola Olson Teigen, born 1680, married Kari Endresdtr. Løn Giljarhus 1708. Kari, born in 1682, died in 1724. Ola died 1725. Ola Killed his wife Kari 30 Oct. 1724, and was condemned to death 28 May 1725.
The summary of the judgement and the judicial decision are in "Statsartivet i Bergen, sorenskriveren i Ytre Sogn, I. A. 29, Tingbok 1720 - 1725 s. 85 - 97.

The relationship between Ola and Kari was very bad. A summary of the judgement says:
"Right from the beginning she wanted to show her power and command over him, she wanted to do what she wished, and she did not want to listen to her husband."

The reason of the murder was a quarrel between the two which occurred in the cow barn on Monday 30 Oct 1724. Ola was going to build a pen for two billygoats,however both of the billygoats managed to run away while he was building the pen. The summary judgement continues:
"After he had made the pen, he then started to transport some manure but his manure wagon suddenly broke down and he had to go back to the barn to repair it. However, his wife was in the barn, and she had discovered that the billygoats were gone. She was angry and asked her husband where they had gone. He told her that he was sorry but the billygoats unhappily had disappeared. Then she started to swear, and the husband told her again, this was not his will that the billygoats had ran away, and that the loss was terrible for both of them.

Then the husband cried out to his dairy maid not to put too much manure into the wagon because his horse was too weak. The wife did not like that he was talking to the dairy maid, and she told him so. Then the husband told her to shut up, or else she would feel the blow of an axe.

Ola started to go up to the barn-"trapdoor" to get a tool to fix the manure-wagon. When he started up the steps, his wife grabbed his hair and he fell to the floor. When he fell down he took the trap-door with him and it hit him over the breast. After all of this he was so angry that he took his axe in his hand, and with the other hand he pushed the wife away and hit her in the head with the axe . Her head, he told later, struck against a stone that was laying on the floor. Then the husband ran out of the barn. After a while he went back to find out if his wife was dead or alive. When he found his wife dead, he was really shocked.

He went back to the house and asked her mother if she had seen his wife, and wondered if his wife had gone into the house. Her mother told him she had not seen her.

While the husband and her mother talked together, Ola's four years old son Alf, went into the barn and found his mother dead and covered with blood. He ran back to the house and told them. Then the grandmother, the husband and his three children went to the barn and they found the woman dead. The husband was very helpful; he lifted her head and found the gray matter from her brain leaking out. He told them that some of her brain was on a stone laying on the barn floor and that she struck her head on the stonw which was the reason for her death.

As you all can see, Ola tried to deny the murder. It was extremely cold-blooded to ask the mother where his wife was. When neighbors came to their home, they were told that Kari had fallen from the barn trap-door and hit her head on a stone on the floor. The neighbors did not believe this explanation. A witness, Lars Teigen, said it was impossible that such a fall would cause all this damage because there was a lot of hay upon the stone. Ola's mother testified that: "After the couples marriage 17 years ago, their love and solidarity were no longer as strong as it should be between a husband and wife." About the dairy maid she said:
"In the three years the dairy maid, Guri Larsdøtter, had been working with her son, they have developed an intense liking for each other. They enjoyed being together, but she had not seen anything immoral going on between them. But what she had seen was that his wife was angry and disappointed because of the friendship between her husband and the dairy maid."

Most of the witnesses spoke against Ola and he finally confessed to the murder. The judgement against him was brutal. He was condemned to death. "Between his own house and the judgement house he was to be burned with an iron tong five times. His right arm was to be cut off with an axe, and finally his head was to be cut off." His body was to be hung on a stake with his head.

The dairy maid was suspected of being involved in the murder,but due to lack of evidence against her, she was acquitted. However she was ordered to go to confession in the church because of her relationship with Ola.

At that time all those condemed to death appealed to the circuit court in Bergen.
Following the appeal no one knows what happed to Ola. He no longer lived in Teigen, so he was either executed or was jailed for the rest of his life. (not unusual that time?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ RETURN ]
© 1997 Svein Ulvund Updated 13. August 1997.

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Voss»