Hovin Church - photographs of the inside

Moderator: MOD_Østfold

Svar
gj16333
Sted: Australia

Hovin Church - photographs of the inside

Legg inn av gj16333 » 29. juli 2013 kl. 13.01

Early last month I was able to visit the church at Hovin where some of my OLSEN ancestors were baptised and buried in the first half of the 19th century.

I searched the graveyard but, as I expected, there were no OLSEN headstones from that time as the graves would have been re-used many years ago.

The church is in a beautiful setting on the top of the hill and no wonder it was part of a pilgrim trail centuries ago.

I was able to take some wonderful pictures of the church and its setting but the church was locked and I was not fortunate enough to take pictures of the inside where my ancestors would have worshipped.

I am hoping that someone here is able to take some pictures of the church decorations and especially the baptismal font for me.

Jeg vil være takknemlige for all hjelp

Darryl
Sydney Australia

gj17048
Sted: LEINSTRAND

Re: Hovin Church - photographs of the inside

Legg inn av gj17048 » 29. juli 2013 kl. 13.20

Hi, Darryl!

I live too far away to take photos for you, but I found their homepage online. There they have a photo-stream from the interior. So at least you get to see what it looks like inside.

http://spydeberg.kirken.no/kirkene-i-sp ... ovin-kirke

Mvh Bente

gj16333
Sted: Australia

Legg inn av gj16333 » 29. juli 2013 kl. 14.40

Thank you so much Bente for that link. I think that those pictures show me exactly what I was looking for. I can even see what I think is the baptismal font.

I'll contact the church direct to see if they have a more close up photo of the font.

Thanks again for your help.

Med vennlig hilsen

Darryl

gj17048
Sted: LEINSTRAND

Legg inn av gj17048 » 29. juli 2013 kl. 14.49

You are welcome! :)

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Spydeberg»